Outcast, Vol. 1: A Darkness Surrounds Him

Outcast, Vol. 1: A Darkness Surrounds Him - Elizabeth Breitweiser, Paul Azaceta, Robert Kirkman This was recommended to me by a librarian while we were talking comics a while back, and I kind of went into it not really knowing anything about it. I might have looked it up before I bought it, but I'd totally forgotten by the time I actually started reading.

I don't think this is the kind of story I would normally be eager to read. I just feel like the possession stories have been done to death at this point, in every medium, and I'm a little bored with them to be honest. That said, I actually liked this ok. I didn't think it was amazing, but it was a somewhat interesting read, and I loved the art. I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but it worked for me.

The story itself is...not much, actually. This is the first 6 issues of Outcast, and I feel like I still know almost nothing about the characters or what's going on in this universe. This was all just a really long set up, and I'm not sure I care enough to find volume 2.

So, good art (in my opinion), ok story, not enough info on the characters, and only about a 40% chance I'll continue reading the series. But I don't feel like I wasted my time with this one, I was just hoping for more, I guess.